Turus Mara

Tuesday 26 April 2011

Treshnish Isles

Today is my first trip out to the Treshnish Isles this year and what an absolutely stunning day it is for it! The sun is splitting the sky and the new green growth on the islands is truly zingy! Likewise the bright yellow lichens above the black of a hundred rocks and islets.
The puffins seem well established on the cliff edge above the mooring. I will hear in due course from my adventuring crewman whether other birds are beginning to nest on the ledges on and around the Harp Rock. I can certainly see fulmars coming and going.
Next we head across to Staffa to see if we can get landed - the swell still looks quite sizeable, but I suspect it is not as huge at the Clamshell Landing as yesterday.
Also, eyes peeled on the way across as one of the local fishermen spotted a minke whale earlier today!
Watch this space for updates.

C

No comments:

Post a Comment